I’ve been working on a couple of features for a new update. Here’s the tentative changelist:
- Fixed localization variables accessibility (You no longer use “_” before localization variable names).
- Added Mini Map to the VIDE Editor. Improves navigation, visibility, and productivity by providing the user with a map version of the dialogue.
- Added SaveState() and LoadState() methods to VDs and VA to save and load states. This easily helps you restore changes made to ExtraVariables, overwriteStartNodes, etc., between game sessions.
- Added ToIntArray and ToStringArray methods to VD class. Saves you the need for splitting and parsing individual elements.
- Added saving to main demo.
- Added “Condition Guy” character to main demo scene. It has a dialogue that works with conditions.
- Fixed dragging selected nodes while dragging new ones
- Fixed Singles allowing Thousands (commas) when parsing Extra Variables. Strings containing commas will remain as strings.
- Recolored nodes and exposed many skin-related variables. Customize them at VIDE/Data/Editor/Editorstyles.prefab
- Improved beziers in the VIDE Editor.
- Fixed Texture2D memory leaks when using the VIDE Editor.
- Updated Documentation
The two main features are Save States and Mini Map.
As explained above, save states will let you save changed made to Extra Variables, comment visibility, and VA-related variables. This is to easily restore those changes between game sessions; a feature that had been missing for a long time. The main demo (“PlayerInteraction”) will now have saving integrated. You will be able to check the updates scripts plus the updated Documentation to get to know the methods.
On the other hand, the Mini Map is a new view mode for the VIDE Editor which will provide, firstly, better visibility of the whole dialogue:
You can also click another node to travel to it and modify the contents of it from here. You cannot create new, move, or re-connect nodes from here.
You will be able to access the MiniMap from the toolbar or by hitting Space.
VIDE Lite will not have these two new features, but some of the others might be included.
The update should be up next week.