There’s a bug with the new 2.0.2 version. You might get an error saying ‘No Localization settings found! if you hit Play and load dialogues while not having a LocalizationSettings.json file inside VIDE/Resources. This will lead to VD not working at all.
If you encounter this issue before I patch it, please download and apply the following patch to fix it: Link to download
Sorry for the inconvenience! Will patch the store as soon as possible.
Here’s a new update with some new features.
Hello! Here’s a preview.
Besides the incoming VIDE Lite version, I’ve listened to your feedback and I’ve been working on a few new features. Some of these are:
- *Rearrange comments in the VIDE Editor
- *Select and drag multiple nodes in the VIDE Editor
- New per-comment visibiliy NodeData variable to hide comments from the array of comments. Also settable from the VIDE Editor.
- GetNext() method for VD and VD2. Simulates Next() and returns next node’s NodeData variable without modifying current nodeData.
- BeginDialogue overload and VD method to pass sprite/audio arrays to (optionally) remove the use of a Resource folder.
- Unityscript example scene communicating with VIDE_Data (C#)
* Not included in VIDE Lite
Hopefully, these features will improve the experience and usefulness 🙂
Might be ready for next week.
In order to give people a chance to try out VIDE’s core features, I’ll be working on a free lite version of the asset.
Here’s an update that fixes and improves a few things:
Renamed isLoaded variable to isActive. The name was misleading. Please replace the names properly in your scripts.
- Localization & Loading/Unloading variables and methods removed from VD2. Use VD to handle those. If you are already calling any of the pertinent methods, replace, for example, “data.LoadDialogues()” with “VD.LoadDialogues”. You no longer need to call it on each instance.
- Fixed inability to dock VIDE Editor
- Null check for method fetch. Action Nodes would return exceptions when clicking ‘Reset and Fetch’ while you had missing MonoBehaviors attached to game objects.
- You can now safely add sub-folders inside the VIDE/Resources/Dialogues folder to organize your dialogues.
- Removed autofocus
- VD2 instance will no longer load dialogues to memory separately. It is now synced.
- Fixed node duplication referencing Extra Variables
- Added VD.GetNodeData overload to get node data from an inactive dialogue.
- Example scene 1 art overhaul
If you are updating from a version before 2.0, please follow the steps states here in order to update.
I hope you enjoy the update 🙂
If you have any problems, please don’t hesitate on contacting me.
2.0 establishes the change from free to paid. It has significant changes that will impact old users. Please read further to know how to safely update to 2.0.
I’m back on track and 2.0 is ready. I’ll be submitting today, should be available around next week. You can check what’s new here. Instructions on the update from 1.2 to 2.0 will be given next week.
There’s a new Twitter account for the plugin so that it’s simpler for me to post news, updates, and whatever. You might want to follow it if you plan to use VIDE, just to keep updated if anything comes up 🙂
Lastly, I’m uploading a small patch for 1.2. It fixes some important issues with SetNode and ActionNodes. If you’re not updating to 2.0 and wish to keep using 1.2, then you might want to apply that patch.
That’d be about it for now! Let me know if there’s anything I can help you with 🙂
Sorry if I haven’t been able to reply to your mails. I am currently hospitalized due to severe migraine.
I’ll try to get back in touch when I’m feeling better.
Version 2.0 is a bit delayed now, but ill upload as soon as possible. Current changelist for new version.
I’ve been working on lots of improvements and fixes for the new 2.0 version. Lots of refactoring and optimizing as well, as there was a lot of old code that wasn’t really cleverly written.
The should be available this week (5/15/2017).
Here’s the final changelist:
VIDE started out as a personal project for personal use. I never expected it to be successful-ish.
Starting from the next update (2.0) VIDE Dialogues will no longer be free.
I initially launched it for free so as to get feedback from users and see if it turned out to be a useful tool. Since then, I’ve been reading your feedback, helping out those with bugs and issues, and working on updates to improve it, and despite the fact that I enjoy doing so, the task has become time-consuming. I thought on submitting a “Pro” version instead, but that would be even more time-consuming.
I’m aware that VIDE doesn’t offer a number of features that some other paid assets offer as it focuses on delivering raw data, so I’m not planning for it to be expensive, at all. Regardless, the price point is still TBD.
Of course, those who already own the asset will not have to pay for anything. So, if you haven’t yet, this is your chance 🙂
As a paid asset, I’ll be more actively working on improvements. Some of the things I plan to add/change for the next update: Check here
Thanks for your understanding.