I’ve been working on lots of improvements and fixes for the new 2.0 version. Lots of refactoring and optimizing as well, as there was a lot of old code that wasn’t really cleverly written.
The should be available this week (5/15/2017).
Here’s the final changelist:
- First version of built-in localization.
- Removed NPC nodes. Now it’s just Dialogue nodes and Action nodes. You can toggle between NPC and Player formats for the Dialogue Node.
- VIDE_Data now a namespace to access VD and VD2 class.
- You can now use VD2 class to create multiple instances and manage multiple dialogues at the same time.
- VIDE_Data component in the scene is now optional.
- VIDE_Assign component in the scene is now optional.
- Fixed a lot of issues with the Undo system. You can now safely undo dialogue deleting and loading.
- Per-comment Audio and Sprite slots.
- You can now duplicate nodes by right clicking them.
- Added grid and snapping to Editor
- Moving a node will now mark the dialogue as dirty.
- Added “Go to Node” predefined action to Action Node
- Added ‘UpdateComment’ method to VIDE_Data
- Added ‘GetExtraVariables’ overload to VIDE_Data
- Added ‘GetNodeData’ methods to VD.
- Added ‘BeginDialogues’ overload.
- Added ‘GetLanguages’ and ‘SetCurrentLanguage’ methods.
- Added ‘GetAssigned’ and ‘SetAssigned’ to manage non-component VIDE_Assign.
- Added another demo character to the example1 scene.
- Added example3 scene which covers a new UI Manager and localization.
- Changed Editor view mode for better performance. Canvas is no longer infinite.
- Fixed duplicate ID bug when manually duplicating the .json dialogue files.
- Improved the node view focusing.
- Autofocus on startNode when loading dialogue.
- Fixed some unexpected behaviors when using SetNode method.
- Fixed some unexpected behaviors when using Action Node.
- Fixed exampleUI.cs allowing you to scroll through comments on NPC nodes and thus returning exceptions.
- Added News Checker to the toolbar.
- Added Dialogue Search to Editor.
- Added Assign View menu to the Editor. Will let you easily inspect and assign dialogues to gameobjects.
- Fixed undraggable Editor after releasing node outside window.
- Polished VIDE_Assign Inspector refresh.
- PathToVide deprecated. VIDE will now automatically detect new folder location in project.
- Changes to NodeData variables.
- Moved Editor folder to Data folder.
- Minor fixes and polishing.
- Updated Documentation.
The update will have an impact on old users. If you’re an old user, you’ll have to Ctrl+H some variable names. This version should also properly load old .json dialogue files. More info on compatibility will be given before the update.
Here are some pics:
ETA: 1 week.